Beauty is not just a superficial thing. It goes beyond skincare and makeup. Feeling beautiful is different from looking beautiful. Here is a list of ten things to help you find the beauty all around and feel your most beautiful self…
- Smile...sometimes easier said than done. At least for me it is, but smiling will brighten your day and others around you will feel your energy.
- Stretch... cats know that total body stretching does wonders. Follow their example and roll up slowly out of bed and stretch gently.
- Exercise... at least 20 mins of any continuous activity will boost your energy level and reduce bad stressors. Any kind of movement will do, even dancing around the kitchen while cooking dinner!
- Drink water...No other liquid is quite like it. It will clear your system and your skin will radiate.
- Rest... you need to take breaks during the day and sleep at night. Take breaks away from your work space to keep fresh and focused. Make sure you are getting sufficient sleep at night since your body regenerates while you are sleeping. If you are constantly letting your mind wander, make a conscious decision to put away thoughts till morning. It is amazing how good your subconscious mind listens to your conscious mind (so be careful what you tell yourself)
- Be a kind human…When you do something for someone else without expecting anything in return your spirit and mind benefit in ways unimaginable. So, Pay It Forward!
- Exchange...the money you spend on junk food for food that will enrich your body and soul. Start with a simple plan of exchange.
- Look for good in everything. This is a toughie because most of us are "trained" to look for faults, errors, shortcomings, defects, etc. Begin with yourself. List all your assets (not just physical). Then realize all the good in being you. Move on to other things around you. Work on this consciously every day till it becomes a habit. There is something good about everything and everyone. Once you realize this you will be finding good everywhere without even trying.
- Learn... something new every day. Pick up a book or research a topic of interest online. Learn to do something you have always wanted to do. Start stimulating and enriching your mind today.
- Reward yourself...Set financial and personal goals and tag them with rewards for accomplishing them. And don’t forget to celebrate the small things; the small movements toward the larger goals.
What things do you do to feel beautiful?